I’ve been listening to this playlist a lot lately as I continue to try to be patient in the waiting. I may delve more into some of these songs in later posts but I thought it might be helpful to just list the songs that have been encouraging my heart lately with a brief note/lyric that touches me from each.
Miracle (Unspoken)-reminds me to keep waiting for a miracle
- “Feels like the prayers and the words you’ve spoken/They go unnoticed like drops in the ocean/Just beyond the veil of your vision/Your mountains are moving…/Remember the works his hands have done/Where you once were and how far you’ve come”
Not Even Now (Alisa Turner)-God is never done working, even when it seems like he has left us alone.
God of All My Days (Casting Crowns)-God is enough every day no matter what we are feeling
To Those Who Wait (Bethany Dillon)-God is good to who those who wait.
Worn (Tenth Avenue North)-an honest cry of a a heavy heart
Do I Trust You (Twila Paris)-rhetorical questioning to remind a heart that it does trust God
Make A Way (I Am They)-God brings us to difficult places so he can remind us he is enough
- Wherever you lead me, I know you won’t leave me/Wherever you call me, You will make a way/Wherever we’re going, I will be holding/To the promise you have made/You will make a way
As Long As It Takes (Meredith Andrews)-another song on waiting and trusting
Always Good (Andrew Peterson)-this one will definitely have it’s own post since there are so many beautiful lines and such a powerful message. But in summary it speaks to the truth of God’s constant goodness and his use of sorrow to shape us and bring us to greater joys
Cast My Cares (Finding Favour)-cast your cares on the one who is your anchor and the one in control
Control [somehow you want me] (Tenth Avenue North)-just the fact that God loves us and pursues us frees us to trust him and surrender control of our lives to Him
Be Still My Soul [In You I Rest] (Kari Jobe)-favorite hymn, lovely additional chorus. Previously posted this hymn with all four verses and highlighted favorite lines
Have Your Way (Andrew Peterson)-a song about submission to God’s plan, no matter how painful that process might be
One Thing (Tenth Avenue North)- Everything – Christ=Nothing. Nothing + Christ=Everything
- If I’ve got nothing but You/I’ll still have everything I need
Don’t Stop the Madness (Tenth Avenue North)-another reflection on God’s using pain and suffering to draw us closer to his heart
Even If (Mercy Me)-this is another one I may do it’s own post. Reminds me of the story of Shadrach/Meshach/Abednego: Our God is able…but even if he does not…we will not lose faith.
- I know You’re able and I know You can/Save through the fire with Your mighty hand/But even if You don’t/My hope is You alone/I know the sorrow, and I know the hurt/Would all go away if You’d just say the word/But even if You don’t/My hope is You alone
Braver Still (JJ Heller)-I just appreciate the reference to a miscarriage in verse one and the validation of grieving for that life, as well as trusting God to make something beautiful out of the brokenness
Anchored (Enfield)-an anthem reflecting on God’s power and provision
- Your steadfast love will lead us through the tempest/Grace and strength are ours/Your faithfulness will see us through the storm/And give us hope to carry on
While I Wait (Lincoln Brewster)-another reminder to keep worshiping and trusting even in a season of waiting.